Methods To Help With Altering Voice and Accent
- Are you tired of people asking, “Where are you from?”
- Have people said, “Welcome to the US” even though you have lived here for over ten years?
- Are you often asked to repeat yourself?
- Do you feel that others are distracted by the way that you speak and therefore are not listening to what you are saying?
This is where we start to help with speech modification:
- A phonetic analysis of your speech will analyze, sound by sound, the difference between your speech and Standard American English.
- During your consultation with a speech pathologist, other aspects of your communication skills, including the rhythm and intonation of your speech, the rate at which you speak, your grammar, your syntax and your vocabulary skills will also be assessed.
- A New York state licensed speech pathologist will outline a specific plan of treatment to focus on reducing your accent and improving your ability to communicate effectively so that you can be understood easily, immediately and completely.
Your Individual sessions will focus on ear training; you will learn to hear the difference between your pronunciation and that of Standard American English (neutral, mainstream, unaccented).
- You will be instructed in the placement of your articulators, your lips, your teeth and your tongue, to facilitate easy production of your new sounds.
- Through the use of carefully crafted drill sheets, you will practice the new sounds in words and sentences.
- You will be provided with immediate feedback and correction, so that you can gain confidence and consistency in producing your new sound.
- Structured conversational speech will be incorporated into the session, so that you learn to self-correct and to assimilate the newly acquired speech skills into your everyday conversation.
- Finally, the frustration of communication will be replaced with the ability to communicate clearly, precisely, and confidently.
Let us help you alter your accent, or help you improve your voice now! Call Susan now at (917) 733-3534